Friday, February 15, 2008

I smiled

I smiled yesterday at several sightings and thought I'd share some with you.

1. While stopped at a stoplight, I looked over to the hot pink Tracker next to me to see it shaking rythmically. Inside I saw a dark haired lady JAMMING OUT. I mean, arms flailing to the beat, singing loudly, and just generally enjoying herself. She appeared to be at least seventy years old. Love that!

2. On my drive to Terre Haute, I saw a black dog with white "boots" trotting through an open field as though he/she owned the earth.

3. I saw a billboard advertising the husband/wife realtor team with the last name of "Crapo". ha ha ha ha ha (That one really made me laugh. I know. I'm so mature.)

4. While searching the local Walmart for a few items, I saw no less than SIX men pouring over the V-Day cards. All handsome. Three young men probably no older than 22 (all shopping together). An older man(65?) in Carharts and a stocking cap. A man who appeared in his 30's and dressed in khakis. And I forget what the other guy looked like. All trying to look cool in front of each other. All reading several cards before choosing the "right one". (I pretended to look at a magazine just so I could observe them longer. What a crack up that was!)

5. While talking to an 11 year old client's mother in Brazil, the 11 year old was singing Rascal Flats and some other country singer at the TOP OF HER LUNGS while listening to her MP-3 player. She was sitting at the same table as her mother and I, but was completely oblivious (or just carefree?) at how distracting it was to us. Her mother and I almost couldn't get through the evaluation we were laughing so hard.

Of course, I smiled at about 100 things my kids did yesterday too, but was trying to find things outside of that. What did you find to smile about today?

1 comment:

Christina Schmidt said...

Honestly Matthew makes me smile every day especially when he is silly but also when he truly gets something that he did not before (yeah so I was red faced and frustrated numerous times to get there but still...)

Also, work makes me smile. As frustrating and distracted as I have been I find that the more I smile and laugh at work, the better I feel no matter what is going on!

The head line on Friday from MSN.com that said AD at Indiana has seven days to probe Samson... SIGH. Talk about 7th grade humor! I totally made everyone in the office read that headline. Crapo - Can you hear it now - "who'd you buy your house from?" "Oh I got a Crapo deal!" Weeeee!