Monday, February 18, 2008

Boys and girls

K and I have been talking about the fact that she and I are girls and Daddy and J are boys. She doesn't ask any "specifics" yet (yay!) we just generally name people she knows and whether they are a boy or a girl. This morning, we were taking a potty break and she began saying she is a big girl. Here is our conversation (or what I remember of it)...

K: I am a big girl and peed in the potty, Mommy.

M: Way to go, big girl!

K: Mommy is a big girl, too!

M: Yep! Mommy is a big girl, too, and I pee in the potty.

K: J is a big girl, too!

M: No, Jack is a boy, remember???

K: Daddy is a big girl? No, boooy!!! I be a boy, too!

M: Daddy is a boy and Jack is a boy. We are girls and are so lucky because girls get to have babies.

K: I have babies too, Mommy?

M: Yes, some day when you are all grown up, you will have babies too if you want.

K: (pause) I don't want babies. I want ice cream.

(Insert sound effect of mommy laughing so hard she practically wets herself!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute! We have the boy and girl conversation too. Although lately Lily has been telling me that I'm a woman (she actually says 'woo-man')!

HotMommy said...

After 9 months of this mommy gig I think I might have chosen ice cream too!