Saturday, November 3, 2007

Pumpkins and a Monkey





























Current mood: content

After all this time, I finally downloaded pics of our trip to the pumpkin patch AND Halloween. Sorry they are all out of order...

As my MIL can attest, I had a BAD, BAD parenting moment on Halloween. Our dc provider organized a small trick or treat outing to a few of the neighborhood houses that afternoon so the kids could see each other in their costumes. K had had a long day and I had to wake her up from her nap to go to the festivities (a bad start).

She refused to put on her monkey costume...which I paid twenty friggin' dollars for. So I pulled rank, and MADE her. Yes, crying, kicking, sobbing, it was all there. I figured I was at least getting a picture of her in the $20 costume even if it was with a tear stained face and swollen eyes. I immediately felt guilty about it and had a premonition of future therapy appointments we'll endure... "And when I was two, my mom MADE me dress up like a monkey!!!"

Luckily, once the costume was on and she saw her friends waiting for her outside dressed in their costumes, she was willing to keep it on and go see what all this "trick or treat" business was all about. (Okay, a true confession is that I also bribed her with her first taste of M&Ms....I told you I was BAD)

Of course, the realization that she could ring a neighbor's doorbell, have them come to the door and go on and on about how cute she was, and then give her CANDY...well, next year I suspect it won't be such a hassle to get her into her costume! She has asked to go trick or treating every day since Halloween!!!










1 comment:

Christina Schmidt said...

He he, Matthew has as well. Kevin said won't it be a let down when we tell him Halloween only happens ONCE a year! I am sure next year there will be no stopping that bunch!

PS: She was very cute in monkey costume!!!