Monday, November 26, 2007

A belated thanks

Thanks for keeping that "new baby" smell this long. It fades all too quickly.



Thanks for having Mommy's smile. And thanks for finally smiling at Mommy.



Thanks for being so warm and snuggly when you sleep. I could hold you forever.



Thanks for singing at the top of your lungs every morning. Some day I will long for that sound when my house is quiet.



Thanks for being such a brave girl in your "big girl" bed. Thanks for sleeping so well at Great Gram's house (a place we haven't been in 8 months). You are one of the most courageous people I've ever known.



Thanks for reminding me every day that the world is full of wonder and fun. I just have to take the time to notice it.



Thanks for hanging out with my 80 year old Grandmother, our two kids, plus the two cousins (ages 4 and 2) while I went out Christmas shopping with my cousins.



Thanks for getting up in the mornings and getting our kids fed. And for accepting that try as I might, I am not a morning person.



Thanks for being the world's greatest Dad. Thanks for giving me the confidence to know that if I am not with them, you are. And they are just fine.


What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

Christina Schmidt said...

I am definitely thankful for Matthew ability to see the world the way I do not as well.
I am thankful Kevin and his care and love to all of us (even when I complain about it some times - he is a wonderful person and he does a ton!)
I am thankful for friends and family near and far. They listen and care and love no matter what.
I am thankful for the laughter and sparkling eyes of a toddler. The look on his face when he sees something he has never seen, the round O of his mouth when the Christmas lights on that house are SO spectacular that he he lets out an audible ahhh.
I am thankful for being healthy and enjoying each day for what it brings.
I am most thankful for having a loving wonderful environment to bring Matthew every day.