Saturday, November 10, 2007

Useless chatter

Just got home from Walmart. Has anyone else noticed that in their toy aisles, if it isn't a Disney product, well, it just isn't there? I swear I can't even find BOOKS that don't have Disney characters on them, nevermind a decent kitchen set for K. Or Sesame Street...and don't get me wrong, I do love Sesame Street as it has already taught K tons. But seriously, I want to by my big girl a kitchen set sans Dora...should it really be so difficult to find? Or if I want to get my little boy some soft blocks, does they really have to have Elmo and Big Bird on them?



-Completely separate random thought-

In an effort to get into the Christmas spirit (I have detached myself from Thanksgiving altogether at this point), I now listen to Christmas music while in my car which is played 24/7 on 93.1 for those in my area. (Apparently, the station is undergoing a formatting change and decided to play Christmas music until the first of the year as they make the changes). Also, for those with Insight, channel 873 plays Traditional Holiday Music. Yep, I've already heard my fave (Nat Cole's The Christmas Song) about a dozen times, and I have to say.... it helps! I'm ready to Christmas shop and pick out a tree!!! Bring on the snow!!!

3 comments:

Christina Schmidt said...

I do not know what you are looking to spend but Banana Junction downtown had a cute non character set. I was just there this morning. Also, Amazon has tons of sets to choose from, of course. Amazon generally has free shipping this time of year, do not quote me on that... I think and I could be wrong but Learning Treasures also has one or two non charater sets as well.

Thanks for 93.1 suggestion. They had a station like that in Fort Fun too but I could hardly find anything down here like that. We LOVE the holiday station on TV. It is almost the entire season!

Anonymous said...

Target has a great non-character kitchen. We have the older model and they recently 'renovated' it. :-) It's very cute! If you're looking to spend an arm and a leg you can check out Pottery Barn Kids or Land of Nod.

I'm impressed that you have gift ideas for Jack. I can't think of a thing to get for C that we don't already have from when L was a baby. Poor little boy isn't going to have anything new!

I was humming some Christmas song the other day and thought it was kind of funny! I think I am starting to get in the spirit a little earlier this year for some reason.

Anonymous said...

I wish I had a WalMart to go to. Bah humbug! But I'm glad you're getting in the Christmas mood. Sorry to read about your holiday worries in your previous post. I can imagine some of the comments! I am impressed that you've been able to give the dog a bath too. Way to go!