Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Baby J update













Current mood: excited

Well today I went to my check up and am at 34 weeks. I'll be 35 weeks on Thursday. I am just starting to dilate, although am not to 1 cm yet. I've been having quite a bit of cramping and contractions the past 24 hours so I figured SOMETHING must be going on. Baby J's heart beat is strong and he is doing fabulous as always.


According to the doc I saw today (there are four in this practice and I am taking a turn seeing each one so I won't have a stranger delivering J when the time comes), she guesses that in the next week or two my cervix will dilate more and my contractions will intensify. At some point, whether it is when I call in due to pain, fear, anxiety, and contractions or during my weekly check ups to see how dilated I am, one of the docs will just "decide" to go ahead and get me in to deliver little mister.



That's both comforting and frightening. I am so anxious to meet my little boy, but have mixed feelings about coming to the end of my pregnancy. I love being pregnant. Even with all the drama and excitement. I loved every minute I was pg with K and have loved every moment with J, too. We have decided this will be our last baby (unless Powers bigger than us step in within the next year) so I am saddened to think about closing this chapter. I think we are making the right decision, but we are going to wait one year before doing anything "permanent" to make EXTRA sure we are done. (Well, Dan is EXTRA sure, but I am not so strong in my surety). :)


Anyhoo, it won't be long now and I"ll be posting at 3am about how sweet it is to hold this baby boy in the middle of the night, despite being more exhausted than I thought humanly possible.
I'm posting some pics of my belly for your viewing pleasure!!!












7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're getting close! Hang in there!

Christina Schmidt said...

Yeah! Can't wait to see the little guy either! As Melissa said HANG IN THERE!

Kelly said...

Nicki you have been awesome through this entire pregnancy and I just have to tell you how much I admire your strength. I can not wait to see your family grow and meet your new little guy!

K and J's mom said...

Melissa- I snuck a peek at you while you were dropping off Lily this morning...speaking of any day now.... :)
Christina- Are you in Canada checking your email,etc? Girl, go enjoy your VACATION!
Kelly- You know that I am too emotional to read messages like that! sniff sniff. You have become such a dear friend, thank you for all of your help/support. This would have been awfully lonely without you around!

Kelly said...

Good thing I don't have any plans to go anywhere. ;) And just so you know, I'm planning on your help/support eventually, too. :)

Christina Schmidt said...

yes but I am visiting my in laws so I LOVE the diversion plus how often do I have ready made baby sitters when we are at home so I can actually write on blogs while I am NOT on work time!

K and J's mom said...

HA HA HA! Yes, Christina, I'm sure we all know just what you mean! Enjoy the time away AND the built in free time!!! ;)