Thursday, August 7, 2008

Weight loss update

Hidy ho! I'm still doing it! It's been about ten days and things are going well. Not perfect, but I managed to survive two birthday celebrations, a night of pizza and pasta with friends, a fast food meal, and a minor injury this past week. I was a little "gung-ho" about the exercise piece last week and managed to strain some muscles in my middle back. I know. Go figure. Tip: Don't do this- Not exercise regularly for a long time, do minimal stretching, and then hop on an elliptical machine with some funky beat music three days in a row and see what happens. Nobody ever said I was the brightest bulb in the bunch. :)

I am back on track now and feeling good. I don't feel like I am dieting at all (b/c I am not). Just making subtle changes and I have to say, it is working! My energy is up and I am sleeping better.

Have you heard of Jennette Fulda? She wrote a book called "Half-Assed: A weight loss memoir". I stumbled upon her book at my local Barnes & Nobles a few weeks ago. It's great! She lost like 200 pounds. What a pleasant surprise to find out she is from this area (Indy). She's also been making the morning news show rounds too...so that's been exciting to see. She blogged throughout her weight loss and maintenance. And she's just a normal person.

If you've ever had "weight issues" I'll tell you, I have yet to find a paragraph in her book that I couldn't relate. Or even just self-esteem issues (who hasn't?). I added her to my blog roll over on the right.... she is "Half of me". Check it out! She rocks!

4 comments:

Dan said...

go girl. I am proud of you.

Kelly said...

Aww! Your hubby is so sweet!

Keep up the good work! I'm hoping to join you soon. ;)

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO! Keep it up! We're definitely going to have to get together for walks this fall.

Christina Schmidt said...

YEAH! Keep up the good work (minus the hurting of the back thing...) I agree with Kelly I am right there with you. I have 30 lbs as I need to lose and plan to try a little sooner then THREE years post partum this time ;) If you need someone to walk or talk with I am there for you!