Friday, August 29, 2008

"Leavin'... on a jet plane"

Okay. It's too expensive to fly right now. So, we are "Leavin'... in a Ford Escape..." It still kind of works right? We are heading to Destin, Florida for my sister in law's wedding (yay!). Unfortunately, Hurricane Gustav is putting a wrench in it all, but we are staying positive. My SIL changed her wedding from Monday to Saturday and then we will likely have to evacuate.

We are also visiting K's first love, Mac. His mama posts over on "It's all about ME". He and K met at our "school" that my friend Kelly runs. K and Mac. They are two of a kind. She doesn't understand geography yet, so all she knows is that "Mac left on a plane with his mommy, daddy, and baby Eli to live in Florida." So, she thinks that when she wakes up tomorrow in Florida, we will see him. Well, that's not exactly how it will be. She will have a great time at Aunt Nana's wedding, the first one she has ever attended. She is very excited about that, too!

Oh yeah, and my dear, dear friend Kelly is having her baby. (She posts over at "Shades of Gray") Seriously. Like any minute. I am awaiting her news from her doc's appointment. I hate that we will miss her baby girl's arrival, and cannot wait until I get to snuggle her and smell her sweet baby smell. Ahhhh... babies.

Of course, I can't post without mentioning the BRILLIANT speech by Barack Obama last night. Did you stay up and watch it? If you didn't, watch it online. It is worth it. Believe me. An historic night and an historic speech. Made me feel very inspired and patriotic. Go USA!

Well, off we go!! With a 3 year old, 11 month old, and a hurricane on the way. There are bound to be a few stories to share when I return!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I am so excited to hear about your trip!! You guys are going to have a fabulous time!

We'll be here waiting for you to get back, baby girl and all. ;)