Monday, August 11, 2008

On being an Olympian...

Are you watching the Olympics? Bob Costas just did (another!) piece on Michael Phelps, swimmer extraordinaire. Michael Phelps spends FIVE hours a day in the water on a typical day. He consumes...get this...between EIGHT AND TEN THOUSAND calories per day to "try" and break the 200 pound mark. His typical breakfast consists of three fried egg and cheese sandwiches, grits, french toast and chocolate chip pancakes and I am CERTAIN I've left out at least two other foods he mentioned. For breakfast.

Heh. F**k Richard Simmons, I gotta get a pool....

2 comments:

Christina Schmidt said...

heh, he is psycho swimmer... however I do have to say that I used to eat my weight in junk food and never gained a lb back when I used to competitively swim (well that is until I learned about this beverage called beer, heard of it? Yeah so there was that...)

Anonymous said...

I saw that! 8,000 - 10,000 calories...I could not believe it! We're totally swept up on the Olympics at our house. Jason was up until midnight last night watching gymnastics. Mens gymnastics.