Friday, August 22, 2008

New Neighbors





While NOT washing dishes this morning, I noticed this moving object in our little pond at the end of the waterfall. It was a turtle! I got K and J and went out to welcome our new friend. (K was totally disinterested, as she is with all things that crawl). Then, as I was getting ready to download pics of our new neighbor I noticed something walking near our woods. I thought it was a cat, and then looked closer and found these two babies! Their mama was just off to the left, but not in the picture. The one looking directly at the camera saw me as I quietly walked out onto the upstairs balcony to snap a picture. I quietly said, "Well, hi there beauty". And I am not kidding. She wagged her little tail. Do deer wag their tails? Well this one did! So now I call these my beauties and will have to make sure there are some scraps out there for them to eat.
It's like a friggin' petting zoo over here. I love it! Maybe I could start charging admission?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously, you guys are like Animal Planet out there! How cool! We have a neighborhood cat that sits on our front porch sometimes. That's the same, right? :-)

Christina Schmidt said...

we have bunnies and moles... birds? I am stretching here. M would die if he saw that turtle!