Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Wandering Indiana

I am currently in a nursing home evaluating a client in a small town north of my home. I am reviewing the client's medical chart and I kid you not, this is the goal I just read in her care plan:

"Resident will play Wii tennis 1x weekly during the next 90 days" :)

The goal is addressing the problem of "resident has limited physical exercise". Apparently, this facility has a Sensory Wii Group each week. How about that?!?!?

I can't stop giggling about it....

(And they also apparently have WiFi b/c I am obviously distracted by the ability to get online!)

5 comments:

Christina Schmidt said...

Ohh look at your updated photos! Jack is getting SO BIG!!!

Love that they do Wii there... I saw a study that it is actually good for people who have low activity levels and I was oh they finally came up with a healthy video game! COOL! This place sounds pretty high tech BTW!?

Anonymous said...

I think that's cool! Have you ever played Wii? You can get some decent exercise with it. You'll have to come play at our house some day! We can have a Wii bowling night!

K and J's mom said...

M and C-

YES! I thought it was AWESOME! I have never played, but have seen them everywhere and they look like so much fun! I would love to bet here during their group time so I could see all these older folks playing!!!!

K and J's mom said...

Not "bet here", but "be there"...

Kelly said...

I bet the older folks could do better than us! ;)

Melissa~Let us kow what night works for you! ;)