Saturday, May 3, 2008

Containment



So, after a moment of panic a few weeks ago at the library, I decided that I was in need of a double stroller. (The incident at the library included K running up the ramp towards the exit door while I had J at the check out desk in the stroller) I never thought I'd really need one as I assumed K would sit in the shopping cart as she still does when they both go with me into a store. And when we visit the zoo, etc. D and I are together and can push J in the big stroller and K in the umbrella stroller. Well, now, I am a complete panic freak so began my search for the ultimate child/children containment device with wheels.




Luckily, I found this great stroller on Craigslist for $100. Yep, $100. The lady I bought it from bought it to use with her daughter and one she babysits, then the one she babysits ended up moving out of state. She paid like $220 for it and barely ever used it! How about that? Good deal for me! Looks great- is a little complicated to figure out, but we are working on the bells and whistles of it.




And here are my noodles enjoying the ride/sit at their first political rally the very afternoon I bought it (in the parking lot of my local Sears)! They did great in it and managed to stay contained the entire time until Daddy came to pick them up!




Do you know about Craigslist? It's like ebay for locals! AWESOME! I'm going to put K's nursery bedding and basinet on there (unless any of you need it)!

2 comments:

AndreAnna said...

We're going to have to get a sit and stand stoller, because my toddler WILL NOT be retsrained against her will (unless one of us is with her alone and then she seems to understand), so I can quite easily imagine myself in the predicament you found yourself in.,

But I figure with the sit-n-stand, she can be "contained" but not feel "restrained" when we have the new baby and need to getplaces. I suppose we'll find out, eh?

I might buy a double stroller to have on hand just in case. And yes, craigslist is fantastic for stuff like that!

Anonymous said...

Cool stroller!

We started out with the sit 'n stand but didn't really like it. First, Cameron would not sit in his car seat so having the infant seat on the front of it was pointless and then Lily didn't really like standing or riding in the back. So I held the baby and Lily walked while we pushed that ultra-long stroller. It was a pain to puch because it was SO long.

Anyway... we really love the side-by-side double jogger we got recently! Both kids like riding in it!

I have two strollers that I need to get rid of. I think I might put them on craigslist! Thanks!