Sunday, August 19, 2007

"Pee for two"

Current mood: amused

The potty training is ON at our house! It's been almost a week of scrubbing carpets with cleaner, endless loads of tiny panties, and coaxing, pleading, and bribing! Our funniest story so far follows!

K and I were sitting in my recliner coloring pages in her Pooh coloring book. Suddenly, I felt a warm rush of fluid in my lap and a sense of dread overcame me. I thought to myself, "OMG, my water just broke and I am only 31 weeks." I was stunned. I couldn't move and just sat there for a second with my mind racing a million miles a minute about where to send K, how quickly could D get home, and if the docs could stop my labor. Suddenly, I was jolted from my silent panic by my sweet girl's voice saying , "I PEEEEEEE MOMMY!!!"

My horror was immediately replaced by RELIEF as I wrapped my brain around the fact that my water had not broken. In fact, my two year old had peed all over me instead (and I was GLAD???) A day in the life of a mom...

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Only another mom could truly appreciate this story! I love it!! ;)