Wednesday, August 22, 2007

K at two

Current mood: grateful

Just a quick update (yeah, right!) on my " little" big girl! At her two year checkup, she came in at 33 1/2 inches tall and a whopping 22 pounds 11 ounces. She's still our little big. She eats like a champ as always and has been blessed by the Lord NOT to have my metabolism and body shape. She eats more than most of her friends and sometimes pregnant mommy (little boy has made my stomach about the size of a pea I swear!). She loves loves loves any kind of fruit and also eats most veggies. She's not too big on bread or potatoes, and gets finicky about meat sometimes. She thinks it is a big treat when we give her an ounce of juice mixed with 7 ounces of water. Her latest favorite food is .... ketchup!!

She is wearing size 2T clothing, although I suspect once we get into long pants they will hang on her. Oh well. K still loves being outside and was finally successful in blowing bubbles herself in the past week. (I won't mention that she holds the wand on top of her mouth and/or nose and therefore inhales as much soap as she spills. Oops! Did I say that?) Her favorite inside activity is "tea party". Daddy and I play it each 200 times per day it seems. She is still my big reader and some of her books I am actually considering buying new copies of because they are so worn. I love that they are worn though, because it just demonstrates her love of them all. Her favorite is Mouse Mess which she recites word for word. She also loves The Foot Book by Dr. Seuss and Little Quack's Bedtime.

I can never talk about my girl's favorite things without mentioning music of course. Her latest accomplishment was learning "Happy Birthday" which she still sings several times per day. We've been to lots of birthday parties this summer, and she learned it after everyone sang it to HER. Other faves of her's are "Row, row, row your boat " (which comes out like "butt" and cracks me up every time); "Ring around the Rosie", "Old MacDonald", and "The Wheels on the Bus".

We started potty training last week and she's doing pretty well with it. It seems to go in phases throughout the day. Today she had four early morning successes and then proceeded to pee buckets on the floor around lunch time. Mommy is tiring of scrubbing the carpet, but is focusing on the positives! She definitely gets it and tells me every time, she just struggles with going 2 on the potty and sitting long enough to completely empty her bladder I think. She'll get there!
This week she started going to my dear friend/neighbor Mrs. K's two mornings per week. She gets to play around with Mrs. K (whom she ADORES), her two year old son, and two-three other two year olds. It's a great time. K loves it and we feel very blessed to have the opportunity to send her to someone we love and trust completely...and who lives ACROSS THE STREET! How cool is that????

Well, that's the biggest news. K knows all about baby J and we've had several new babies around the neighborhood which I think has helped her realize what it all means. She talks about Baby J's room, clothes, bottles, and crib. I am very excited to see how our little family changes and grows in the next few months. Sigh. Life is good...

No comments: