Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Six months




How in the world can J be six months old already? Was it just six months ago that I was laying in the hospital bed and wishing we were home? Six months, a new house, and 10 pounds later here we are!

His six month check up indicated he was healthy, strong, and active! (Am I suprised, well no! And neither are you if you have been around him at all lately!)

He is 27 inches long (75%)
and weighs 17.4 pounds (50%).

He is in 6-9 month clothes, although when I buy him things, I buy him 9 months now. His eyes are still bright blue and seem to be turning into Daddy's shade of blue/green/gray, depending on what he wears. He is rolling over from belly to back and is working on sitting up. His first two bottom teeth are seconds away from breaking through (oh please LORD!) He has been eating rice cereal for over a month and will start his journey to baby food this weekend. Come on sweet potatoes!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for 6 months! I love that our boys are SO close in age! I think they will have a lot of fun together as they get older.

Jack is such a cutie and I'm totally jealous of his sleep habits...

AndreAnna said...

We had 16 teeth by 14 months. It could always be worse. LOL

K and J's mom said...

M- Yay for having babies the same age! Makes me sleep a little bit better at night knowing that I can be sure that at least a couple of K's and J's friends are good ones. ;)

A- OMG. You MUST be joking right? I do know someone who's kid had EIGHT teeth break through in ONE day. At least it was over quickly???

Kelly said...

Happy half b-day, Jack!

And yes, it was just 6 months ago that you were wandering around our neighborhood wondering whether or not to call the doctor. ;) Aren't you glad you did? :)

Christina Schmidt said...

I am amazed at how quickly that six months went by for both you and Melissa. It seriously feels like just a few minutes ago that you all were both pregnant and everyone was waiting for the BIG day to come! Is this a sign that I am getting old BTW because I feel like time is FLYING by?!?!

Matthew was late tooth boy relatively speaking and I was glad for that b/c OUCH!!! BTW his cheeks are to die for!!! SO CUTE!