Wednesday, April 30, 2008

K'isms and such

One of the things I want to be sure to remember are all the funny little sayings my kids have. K used to sing, "Row, row, row your butt..." instead of boat which cracked us up! Here are some I want to make sure I don't forget!

She got her very first Barbie for Christmas. While she can fully pronounce "bob, boat, bubble, etc.", she calls her Barbie "Garvey." We don't know anyone named Garvey, but she says it like she has forgotten how the letter "b" sounds. ;)

She often calls us "mama bear" or "papa bear"

She is in L-O-V-E with all things Winnie the Pooh. When talking about Eyore, she says "Eee. (pause) Ohhh."

I bought some Fruit Loops to make sugary cookies for a church bake sale last week. I ended up with a stomach bug so didn't think making baked goods to share with the public was such a good idea. So K has been happy to eat some sugary cereal in the mornings, and calls them "my yoops, my yoops!" She typically chooses to eat "Yife ce-we-uhl" (Life cereal for those less experienced with K-ese)

__________________________________________________________________

On a separate note, J is babbling up a storm. His second tooth has broken through and he sits up now! Big boy! I'm not sure he'll ever learn to crawl as he still hates being on his belly for more than a minute or two, but he might be that kid who just stands up and walks one day! He fights sleep like crazy during the day and his last effort at staying awake includes him laying in bed with his eyes closed and opening and closing his mouth saying "Eye eye eye" like he's chewing gum. Sooo funny! Thankfully, he still sleeps through the night and both kids are in bed asleep by 8:30 pm. They get up between 6:30 and 7:00 am.

___________________________________________________________________

On ANOTHER separate note, Barack is coming to Bloomington tonight! I am trying to find childcare so that I can make sure I get there in plenty of time to get a decent seat! I have been waiting, waiting, waiting for him to come speak here, so am VERY excited! Go Obama!

____________________________________________________________________

Oh, and Helga (what I named our bat) has gone missing. Apparently, she has taken lessons from the other neighbors and now chooses to ignore us too. ho hum

4 comments:

Christina Schmidt said...

Oh I love hearing about the little things our kids do! The yoops - I love that!

Crawling is over rated in my experience ;)

Oh Helga where has 'she' gone to? Maybe she went away and will come back with her family so you all can share a lovely summer together? Or maybe you should ask Dan about the missing critter?!?!

Dan said...

don't forget Mewcy. this is her word for Lucy which is a doll that is on Little bear. her favorite.

I wouldn't kill Helga. I don't generally convenience kill. I don't like to kill at all but do from time to time to keep peace in my house. besides, Helga doesn't bother us. she sleeps during the day and eats bugs at night. it's really a pretty good relationship.

AndreAnna said...

My kid did the combat crawl thing for a couple weeks and then went straight to walking.

Crawling is so passe! :)

Anonymous said...

Weird...I could swear that I commented on here yesterday.

The Garvey thing cracks me up! I love hearing about these toddlerisms! Although our kids are basically pre-schoolers now, right? YIKES!