Thursday, March 27, 2008

Keepsakes

I worry I will forget some of the funny/sweet things my kids say/do. Everyone tells me to write it all down, which I can't seem to do. Hence, this blog. I type much faster than I write and it is easily accessible as I am off/on the computer all day long.

Every stage they are in becomes "my favorite". It is hard to remember the previous stage because I am trying to live in the moment. We document their lives with clips of video and lots of pictures, but sometimes, you just can't document the sweet things they do for posterity's sake.

Ka loves the word "because", which sounds like buh-cuz. Sometimes when I greet her in her bed with a "good morning!", she starts her return greeting mid-sentence. "Because I was sleeping, Mama." Or the other day she said "Because owl doesn't want a lollipop in his eye". (I don't think she was quite awake yet on that one)

Mommy: "Please take your dish to the sink when you are finished"
K: "Because I wanna eat my apples, Mommy."

Mommy: "It's time to take a potty break"
K: "Because I need to read my books first!"

I can't tell you how many times a day I sing "We're off to see the wizard" from The Wizard of Oz in my head. "Because because because because becaaauuuussse....because of the wonderful things he does!" (ha! Now you can sing it too!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sometimes when J is sitting on my lap facing away from me, he completely turns his head and body around to make sure he can see my face, just for a quick glance. It's like he is "checking just to see".

Yep, I'm still here little boy. Mama is always here.

3 comments:

AndreAnna said...

Charlotte is just about two and I love this age. She can finally truly express what she needs and wants, but is still my baby in so many ways.

But then I think of this new baby and can't wait to put his little face in the corner of my neck.

I think we all think we love each stage better than the next, but we just learn to love our babies more.

Kelly said...

I love the "Because..." stories. Too cute! ;)

Anonymous said...

'Because'...that's funny!

Lily says "Well, I was just sleepin'" or "Well, I just wanna play for a second"