Sunday, July 29, 2007

Bed rest....almost!

Bed rest...almost

Current mood: blah

Last week I ended up back in the hospital overnight. At one point, I was having a contraction every 6-8 minutes. Thankfully, no other changes "down below" were occuring, but it was stressful to say the least. They decreased during the night and I was able to return home in the morning. I saw my doctor again later that day in her office and she gave me the news I have been dreading..."I want you to be as close to total bedrest as you can possibly manage." Ugh.

I'm not saying I've done a great job this week, but I sure felt like a lazy bum. And if you ask my husband, I'm sure he'll tell you he has been doing EVERYTHING. So I was surprised on Saturday when I woke up from a nap having contractions...eleven within an hour! A warm shower, a big glass of water, and some more rest decreased them and I managed to stay out of the hospital that time.

I am 28 weeks this week. Every week feels like a milestone at this point. Thankfully baby boy doesn't seem affected by all the craziness my body instills, but I can't help but think at some point, all these contractions will start to take a toll on either him or "down below" and labor will REALLY begin.

In the meantime, I am trying VERY hard to accept help from others, something I am not good at in any way, shape, or form. I'm accepting help so that my husband can survive this. He is working every day and then coming home taking care of K and I, then doing housework and everything else. Thank God for him is all I have to say. And Thank God for family and friends willing to help...ahem, excuse me, willing to INSIST on helping, even when I am reluctant.

No comments: