Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The beauty of two

The beauty of two
Current mood: impressed

While the age of two is definitely frustrating and leaves me scratching my head most of the time, it is also filled with extraordinary insights into K's world.

Did you know that a Little People horse harness, cookie cutter, and a plastic fence could be worn as bracelets? My daughter knows this. Did you know that a spoon could be a vacuum cleaner and that a child size vacuum cleaner could be fed, danced with, read to, and put down for "night night"? My daughter also knows these things.

She is so uninhibited in her play. She isn't tied down to the confines of "the right way" to do anything. She could care less who is around, what they think, or why they think it. I admire her perspective and most of all her imagination. My brain tells me that sooner than I will like, she will be begging for $100 dresses to be worn one time, insisting on hairstyles she sees in magazines, and refusing to eat certain foods because they are "not cool".

Until that time comes, I am going to keep on enjoying the peaceful world she creates around me (peaceful in the soulful sense, NOT the volume sense obviously!). I'm going to get on the floor and pretend to feed a crayon, put the puzzle pieces in the doll house, and be thrilled by opening and closing the dryer door..just as my two year old little girl does.

No comments: