Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Today is the day

And I am a nervous wreck. Perhaps it is the disturbing dreams I've had all week, or the venti Starbucks latte from this morning...but my stomach is in knots and my hands are almost shaking. Today is election day. I have never been so nervous about an election in all my life, even when I was nominated for Junior Class Homecoming Princess. (ha ha ha)

Why the heck don't all states have early voting? We voted two weeks ago and thank goodness! We took the kids and were allowed to vote by paper ballot so that we didn't have to wait in the hour long line (Thank you election worker lady!). K wasn't sure what it meant to go vote, and asked if the "vote would be in the water?" LOLOL Well, I sure wish I could drop some people's votes into the water, but no, sweet girl, a vote is not like a boat at all. Even though they sound alike. We tried to explain to her what an important right, no RESPONSIBILITY, voting is. It is a responsibility and a right that we take for granted. This year, I think people are pausing to think about their right to vote and what it means.

What an historic day. A warm, sunny, 75 degree day today here in Indiana. A day where a black man is on the ballot for the highest office in our nation. A day where a woman is on the ballot for the second highest office in our nation. It makes me teary just thinking about it. A day that I hope you will take seriously enough to use your voice and cast your vote.

I have been an Obama supporter since 2004 and am PRAYING that the American people will support his cause for change. We are on our way to better days! Go Obama!

3 comments:

Christina Schmidt said...

YEAH! I have totally been sneaking looks at CNN even though there is nothing to report - it just makes me teary/nervous tummy-ish watching the stories about Obama as well! Ha and we tricked you - no Kevin is just a lowly green card holder!!!

Jason and Amy said...

i love your blog entries..you should write a book..so well spoken! Your children are really going to appreciate you taking the time to do this...ps..i promise i'm not a stalker just finally taking some time to comment :-) the family is busy with the wii!

Emily Headley said...

Were you freaking freakin', or WHAT!!!??? Holy mother of GOD, he did it!!! What a week. I must admit, I am a registered GOP, but he got my vote. "Change is comin' to America!" Thank God!