Thursday, November 13, 2008

Miscellany

Is that a word? Tim Gunn uses it, so I say "yes it is!" He is my new favorite television personality. Seriously, every morning when I open my closet I sigh, "Tim Gunn would be sooo disappointed." My clothes are atrocious (?) and if he went through them I am SURE he would throw them all out with a turn down of his nose and a swoosh of his hand.

Dear Tim,

Please pick me. I am a thirty-something mother of two who needs your help. I don't need designer, I don't need a high end bag. I am not a size six, nor am I a size ten. I am a normal size woman with a dusty house, a car full of dried out cheerios, and a closet floor littered with shoes ranging from Payless to Foot Locker. I just need.... uh....help. The kind of help that tranfers to Kohl's and Macy's because that is unfortunately, the shopping opportunities available in my town. And that is my price range.

Please pick me. I will appreciate you more than any other woman ever has. Please pick me. (Hi Greta...LOVE you!)

Your's truly,

Me

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am happy that the Hershey's kiss bell ringing Christmas commercial is back on television. I know it is not even mid-November; I am still happy to see it. It's like an old friend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I filled up my gas tank today...over thirteen gallons. TWENTY-SIX DOLLARS PEOPLE!! Wow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Miscellany. It's a word. It's this post. It's my life. Full of miscellany. But I love it. It is my miscellany.

2 comments:

Christina Schmidt said...

Do you think Tim Gunn would do a group of women in a given town??? Cause I sure would love to have come and help me out too... I stood there this morning staring at my clothes wondering what on earth to wear and I ended up in white t shirt? How is that fashionable at all (it has stains and so I threw on a sweater to cover the strains and whatnot that can be seen through a white t...)

I LOVE THAT GAS IS $1.99!!! I want to go take a photo of it!

Anonymous said...

Is there some way we can hire (for a SMALL fee) some kind of stylist to come to a girls' night? How fun would that be!!!