Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Out of touch

Has it really been this long? I guess so. Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I'm not real sure why I've neglected it. I really enjoy blogging and reading others' blogs. Somehow I have felt like I haven't had time to sit and read/write in recent weeks. Well, no more!

Here is our 2008 update.

Little mister is SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT. Yes. He turned 3 months old on January 1st and apparently he decided he was no longer waking up to eat between 3-4 am. "OKAY!" said Mommy and Daddy. As you probably remember, he has been my sleepy boy ever since he came out of the snug confines of my belly. At this point, he sleeps from like 9:30 pm - 7/8am. Seriously. It floors me! I still wake up well rested every morning and frantically run to his room to make sure he is in there. We went to church on Sunday (the first time since April...GO US!) and I had to WAKE HIM UP in order to get him ready in time. Can you imagine? He remains a very smiley and content baby boy. So easy and laid back. Although, he still hates tummy time and we are trying to be more diligent with insisting on it despite his protests. I mean, HAAAAAATES it. He lifts his head and has pretty good trunk strength, but is nowhere near ready to lift his chest off the floor. It's our fault, but man, it's hard to make him when he hates it so much. Got any ideas on how to make him love it? or just tolerate it? Give em' to me!!!

Missy miss is also doing well. She continues napping two hours in the afternoon which keep us all sane. She has QUITE the little personality and she is often referred to as "Bossy boss." You can imagine, can't you? She continues loving the cartoon Little Bear and has also fallen in love with Ariel and The Little Mermaid. Dress up is a favorite pass time at our house as is forever cooking in her new kitchen. Recently, we have begun family game time after supper and have enjoyed Elefun and Candy Land so far. One of her favorite things right now is demanding to watch cartoons and wanting a snaaaaaack while watching it. I have obviously let her watch wayyyyy too much television over the holidays. Trying to break that habit now. One of the funniest things she says right now is asking for "chocolate milk candy", her version of asking for chocolate candy. (Another bad habit from the holiday break)

Both kiddies spend two mornings per week with our dear childcare provider, Mrs. K. They do great "at school" and crash out practically all afternoon upon their return home. So it's almost like a full day of working for me; appointments in the morning and then typing/phone calls most of the afternoon. Sending J is kind of hard, just because I miss having him around. I feel like I never get enough time with him, despite being home with him so much. In all honesty, I feel like I never get enough time with K either, so I guess it is just "neverending mama guilt".

D is well. His work is busy and they are running all kinds of incentives/contests to get more people insured. He is the only insurance salesman you'll ever meet who agrees that some kind of nationalized healthcare is needed here in the US. He enjoyed his time off (two four day weekends) the past couple of weeks, but I think we are all glad to get back into our "normal" routines. K is all about her daddy on the weekends and rarely lets me do anything for her during those days. She is daddy's girl all weekend long. And J, he is on daddy's lap or chest pretty much from the time he gets home from work until he goes to bed. He is such a good daddy. The best.

So, there is the news from our house. Nothing too exciting, which is good in our book. Everyone is healthy and happy and we are all thankful the holidays are OVER. Hope each of you is doing well also!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK...Cam and Jack are going to have to start hanging out. Cameron needs to take sleeping tips from Jack! When I was home on leave he generally slept from about 10:00 - 3:30 and then got up again around 6:30. Of couse, now that I'm back at work he's up at 1:30 and 4:00 (when I usually bring him to bed). Although last night he did sleep from about 11:00 - 5:15! Hooray for good sleep!

We got the Lamaze: Spin & Explore Garden Gym for Cameron. He seems to like it alright for tummy time. I think the closest place to get it is Babies R Us.

Kate is so cute! We're also trying to break the tv and candy habits.

Christina Schmidt said...

I just mostly let Kevin do tummy time with Matthew because Matthew hated it so much and I could not stand the expression on his face and the sad weepy complaints from his tiny little self!

I would get all mad at Kevin for "making" him do it but it turns out it WAS a good thing since he learned quickly he liked sitting up, moving forward, crawling and walking all in quick succession.

SO I would say in my deep parenting wisdom, which ever of you can stand it more should do it and ignore the sad sounds/looks... WOW, profound, no?!

Okay so it is not, we also would put little toys in front of him or the dog or our faces... some times that calmed him down. SOME times ;)

jennifer said...

One of the things I wish people had told me was how much they loathe tummy time! All that is said is how important it is & yadayadayada but not one mention of how horrible they will react to it! I'm with Christina - ignore it & keep it up! Liam never liked it at all & I would have MommyGuilt over it & kinda shy away from doing it (add more MommyGuilt) so I'm not going to say "he'll grow out of that phase" cause in our case he didn't! Liam did enjoy (to some extent) the Inch Worm soft plushy thing that made noises & the Pottery Barn (gift! didn't pay that much for that ourselves!!) triangle pillow thingie that has a mirror & places for pictures to slide in - it got him more interested in what he was doing down there! Putting him in his "gym" on his tummy did NOTHING but produce hollers.