Tuesday, January 22, 2008

100 things about me

This seems to be an intriguing idea that is common in many blogs. I enjoy reading them as it is a "quick and easy" way to get to know the people whose stories and secrets I read daily. I thought you might enjoy it too. (And I'm interested to see what I come up with!) Let me know if anything surprises you or if you can relate to any of it!

1. My middle name is Ann and I have never liked it. Although, I like it on other people.
2. I love driving.
3. When I am completely out of sorts, one look at my husband calms me down. (So does hearing his voice)
4. I have looked forward to being the mother of two young kids my entire life.
5. When I was in high school, I weighed less than 120 pounds. (GASP!)
6. I am not willing to tell you my weight now. Don't ever ask!
7. My favorite food is Indian.
8. My favorite alcoholic drink is a Jim Beam and Coke. I also love pina coladas if I am on vacation.
9. The ocean is my favorite place to visit.
10. I haven't been on vacation in three years. In fact, it may have been longer than that b/c I can't remember where we went!
11. I can juggle.
12. I love 80's music. And cheesy 70's love songs. (Think Europe and the Bee Gees)
13. I attended fifth grade in three different states.
14. I talk too much but can't seem to help it.
15. I loved playing make believe with my Fisher Price "people" as a little girl. Now, it is my little girl's favorite pastime.
16. I have developed an addiction to coffee. Just the thought of having a cup makes me smile.
17. I am currently reading three books...unsuccessfully.
18. I am gearing up to lose another thirty pounds.
19. I sometimes have this thought that people from my past don't remember me. Even when I see someone that I went to school with for years, I think they don't recognize me.
20. I hate missing the evening news.
21. I love how snow makes the world quieter and seem cleaner. Also, how the stars always shine brighter in the winter.
22. I feel like I haven't found my "real career" yet.
23. I always wanted a sister. I married a man with FIVE of them!
24. My favorite cookie has always been chocolate chip. But I also REALLY love molasses cookies; I just always forget about them!
25.I love the way wood fires smell.
26. When watching The Little Mermaid with my daughter, I sing all the songs at the top of my lungs.
27. I think if I had another daughter I would name her "Lila Grace" (but my husband says no we wouldn't.)
28. I have been watching General Hospital since I was five years old (don't judge!)
29. I love all books.
30. I have no baby book for my son who is almost four months old.
31. I have a baby book for my two year old daughter, but have hardly written in it.
32. I was in a serious car accident when I was in my early twenties. I had a broken jaw in two places.
33. I have always wanted to be in theater.
34. I love decorating my house (and wish I had more time/money to do it!)
35. I refuse to decorate/paint a room in my house until I "see it" in my head.
36. I am considering selling my house and moving. (That's a funny progression isn't it?)
37. I hated math while growing up. I was always in accelerated math classes, but felt so stupid. I usually set the curve for the class by having one of the lowest scores.
38. I loved drama, choir, and english in high school.
39. I loved astronomy, psychology, and sociology in college.
40. I also liked statistics which is strange since I didn't take it until grad school b/c I knew I would do badly.
41. I lived in California when I was little.
42. I also lived in Minnesota. Twice
43. And Missouri. Twice
44. And Indiana. Twice
45. And Illinois.
46. And Wisconsin.
47. I make friends easily but often keep them at a distance.
48. I like going to the movies by myself sometimes.
49. I would love to live in upstate New York.
50. I can't believe this is only number 50.
51. I love to swim, but hate being cold and wet.
52. My feet grew while pregnant with my kids. I now wear a size 9.
53. I'd love to own a bed and breakfast. Or a little eccentric shop.
54. My favorite holiday is Christmas.
55. My favorite season is fall.
56. I have always wanted to learn to play the piano.
57. I love cheese and crackers.
58. My favorite kid cereal is Fruity Pebbles
59. I'd like to learn how to ski.
60. One of my New Year's resolutions is to attend church regularly.
61. I love the color yellow.
62. I don't like eggs, unless they are deviled.
63. My favorite books as a child were the Ramona Quimby series.
64. I make a good meatloaf, excellent choc chip cookies and awesome lemon bars!
65. I love shoes and wish I had a place to wear really nice ones.
66. I love Billy Holiday and Nat King Cole
67. I'd like to dye my hair, but I don't think I'd be good at keeping it up
68. I am not a cat person. (Sorry, but I am just not)
69. My dream house has hardwood floors and at least one fireplace
70. I sleep naked. (ha ha ha! I'm kidding, but I thought that was funny to put in here!)
71. The things I like best about myself are my eyes and my smile.
72. Sometimes I give money to homeless people at busy intersections
73. I'd secretly like to be a doctor (I don't think I've ever told anyone that)
74. There is part of me that is interested in running for political office (or that)
75. I love watching Jay Leno
76. My favorite flower is the daisy
77. I've always wanted to write a children's book
78. Sometimes when I get really angry suddenly, I laugh
79. I cry easily when thinking about my kids
80. I'd love to travel to Greece, Australia, and go on safari
81. Family is VERY important to me
82. I have cousins that live in Hawaii in the winter and Alaska in the summer.
83. I should visit them!
84. My first concert was Janet Jackson's "Black Cat" tour in Indianapolis
85. The last concert I attended was "The Doodlebops" with my husband and 2 year old
86. I love bread.
87. NFL football is my favorite sport
88. I'm excited that I am nearing the end of this list
89. I love taking naps, but often wake up cranky (b/c they never last long enough!)
90. I once lived with a 20 foot boa-constrictor
91. I got married on the beach while Hurricane Isabelle was about to come ashore
92. Those little birds that people put on crafts, wreaths, and things CREEP me out.
93. My favorite ice cream is B&J Phish Food
94. I was diagnosed with MS when I was 19 and have been in remission since I was 20
95. I love the scent of my kids
96. I often dream of tornados
97. I am totally bummed that the Colts lost in the playoffs
98. One of my favorite things to do on vacation is snorkel (and nap)
99. I require a lot of down time
100. I feel pressure to make this last one exciting. So now my mind is blank!

4 comments:

AndreAnna said...

This was a great list!

Glad you hear you are in remission from the MS!

And I love Phish food!

And if you go to Hawaii and need a friend to accompany you, let me know. :)

Anonymous said...

You can always count on me to move back to NY with you! I'd love to have you there with me!
Jenn

Christina Schmidt said...

Ah this is good! Love it! Thanks for sharing (I laugh when I am in a fight or getting yelled it... weird defence mechanism, huh?)

Anonymous said...

Good stuff! Very interesting!