Saturday, October 6, 2007

J is here!







Current mood: ecstatic






J arrived on October 1, 2007 at 10:47 pm. He weighed 7 pounds, 10 ounces and was 20.5 inches long....our BIG BOY! (Especially compared to his "big" sis who was a mere 5.1 pounds and 19 inches). He was delivered via c-section and I'm happy to report his delivery was much less eventful than K's. We came home from the hospital last night (Thursday) and are making all the necessary adjustments. All of a sudden I am eating a blueberry scone at 10:30 at night as I type this b/c I will be up for the next SEVERAL hours and then will sleep through the normal breakfast hours.






Big sister is doing awesome and asks to hold "baby J" often and offers him kisses. Today she offered him a blade of grass out of the handful she was playing with while we spent some time outside after dinner. I consider that "success" in the mind of a two year old! I'll post his birth story later when I have a little more energy! Thanks for all your well wishes, positive thoughts, prayers, etc. during the past several months!





















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!! He's so cute and I love the picture with Kate. Please let us know if you need anything!

Christina Schmidt said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I am so excited for you guys! As Melissa said if you need anything just let us know. AND we cannot wait to meet Jack.

BTW, Matthew took his baby doll out over the weekend and was holding it so gently (he shared his blanket with the baby and wrapped him up!) He was interchangeably calling the baby doll - Jack and Cameron. It was very very cute!