Friday, March 19, 2010

Kid stuff...what else?

Kate likes doing "dot-to-dot" puzzles now. She calls them "Dot-to-dot-to-dots". (It makes me giggle every time)

Jack has this pouty little face/stance he gets now. He folds his arms dramatically in front of his chest, gives a heavy sigh, dips his head, furrows his brow, sticks out his pouty lip, and says.... "I mad with Kate, Mom."

In cartoon newss (really?), Mommy and Daddy's new favorite is "Little Bill". Have you seen it? So cute! We sing the theme song together as a family and all get this head-groove thing going on! ".....Little Bill!...."

Jack loves rocking out on the electric guitar Gma bought him for Christmas. Its just a cheap, plastic guitar with buttons and a few strings, but he loves it (complete with wa-wa bar?). Bonus for parents: It plays "Message in a Bottle" by the Police, "Love Shack" by the B-52's, and "All-star" by Smash Mouth which my kids sing! Jack's fave: "Only sootin' stars... bake da' moooow-wooold"

We had an all day playdate today with our dearest friends' kids. It was awesome!! I knew the big kids (Kate and her 4.5 y.o. friend, Grayson) would do fine. I knew Jack would be fine because we were at home and he was with me, but the "wild card" was the 18 month old. She's as sweet as can be, but you know with an 18 month old being away from her mommy, it can go either way. Plus, it had been a long time since she'd been to my house, nevermind been to my house without her mommy! I knew it was going well when she (Scarlett) came up to me while we were playing in the playroom and suddenly gave me a big ol' smooch on the mouth. Score one for me!!! (And thank you sweet Scarlett!) :)

3 comments:

melissa said...

Cam totally has the crossed arms and scowl thing going on too!

Kelly said...

So glad my kiddos were good for you! I know they had a great time!

Anonymous said...

=)
aww its so cute when I read about kids
haha I want to return to those times =(