Friday, December 25, 2009

Happiness is...

My little boy saying "Mom, are you okay?" after every cough or sneeze I make

Listening to my daughter sing Christmas carols and learn the words to all the "grown up" ones all throughout the month of December

The sound of my kids squealing with happiness when they see extended family and all their grandmas and grandpas

Knowing that my husband loves me despite my faults and shortcomings, and that he always will

Feeling supported and encouraged by family and friends who know opening a private practice has been a life long dream of mine

Opening up a gift certificate for housekeeping services for Christmas and knowing that my husband bought it even though the "great sale" he learned about earlier in the month was over

The crackling sound the fire makes in the fireplace

Taking a walk in the neighborhood with the kids and noticing the warm smell of someone burning a fire...and then realizing it is our home that is making our little spot of the world smell so nice

Knowing that I know when there is enough

Watching A Christmas Story at least twice during the 24 hour marathon on TBS every year