Thursday, May 7, 2009

Out of the mouths of babes

Jack's babbles have taken on much more "word-like" qualities. I know it is only a matter of weeks before his vocabularly will explode even more and I will lose track of it all!

"Ma!" - Still my personal fave
"Dad! Daaaaaddy!" - No doubt Dan's fave
"Yeah" - said slowly with a sigh and a deep voice
"NO!" - with much conviction and defiance
"Dis?" - a question he asks about every picture or interesting item he sees
"Hyeee" - hi! said with the most enthusiasm you've ever heard
"Ba bye" - wants to go anywhere anytime anyplace
"Yay!" - said with a clap of hands about any kind of song, tune, or silly face
"Allll" - Jack-ese for all done or all gone (this is another one of my faves)
"Moooo" - what a cow says
"Baaaa" - sheep
"ohn ohn" pig
"mew" - cat
"ooooo" - elephant with his arm raised
"woo woo" - said in a whisper for a dog
"tee tee" - birdspeak
"five" - for give me high five or low five
"soos" - shoes
"ssssss" - when mommy makes him say sorry to Kate for hitting her
"orse" - horse (a word I'd never heard him say before until his speech eval of course! He's such a stinker!)
"ook" - book
"ball" - you get it right?
"Kay" - big sis
"Keyyyee" - Kelly

He's saying some other things randomly too. Despite his later onset of a consistent vocabulary, he sometimes stuns us with two syllable words and phrases like toothbrush, yes please, thank you, and others. He's totally holding out on us!

6 comments:

Christina Schmidt said...

I love Kay and Yeah. SO Cute!

Matthew was a late talker too. Mostly he just liked making sounds that meant nothing and it kind of freaked me out. Then he suddenly took off right before he turned two and well... er you cannot make him stop ;) Maybe it is a boy thing?!

Kelly said...

You forgot "Hello, baby!" Totally my favorite! ;)

Yea for another post to read! ;)

K and J's mom said...

Oh yes! "Hello Baby!" is a great one that Daddy taught him. So cute! Also "duck" and "quack quack". There are more words to this list than I thought! :)

Dan said...

also, Ohhh Nooooo and Aw Maannnnn

melissa said...

So cute! I love listening to toddlers talk! I swear I could listen to Cam babble on all day long!

Emily Headley said...

I can't wait for Eli to join the "verbal club."