Monday, July 7, 2008

Papa was a Rollin' Stone...

There are a lot of songs with "stone" in it.

I am home again resting after the second lithotripsy. Last week's surgery went different than expected, as the surgeon found a stone imbedded in the right ureter, so had to take it out. Then, he broke up the stone in the right kidney and put a stint in. Recovery was, well, not as easy as I had hoped. My plan to return to work on Tuesday ended up being a return to work on .... Saturday.... if that tells you anything.

So this morning I went back in to have the stint removed from the right side and the left kidney stone broken up. He put a stint in the left side. fun fun My expectations are more realistic and I don't plan on being worth much at all until Thursday/Friday. Hopefully knowing what to expect will help my week go a little smoother.

Thanks for all your thoughts/prayers/emails/phone calls! They've helped tremendously!

And a big, fat THANK YOU to Mrs. K for keeping my kids extra last week and this week. I cannot tell you how much easier surgery/recovery is when I know that my kids are safe, happy, and with someone they love! (And who loves them right back!) You are truly the sister I never had!

4 comments:

AndreAnna said...

Was thinking of you - sending your good vibes!!

Kelly said...

Okay, you totally made me tear up! I am so glad that everything went well today. I am more than happy to keep your kiddos whenever I can. Take it easy this week!

Anonymous said...

Ugh...sorry your recovery didn't go as smoothly as you hoped. I hope this week goes better and those nasty stones stay away!

Christina Schmidt said...

Hang in there! I hope you are feeling 100% quickly!