Thursday, July 17, 2008

Fun and games

My daughter is fast approaching three. Like, in two and a half weeks. While three brings along its own challenges, it also brings along so much fun.

K loves playing games. Hide and seek, tag, Candyland, Memory. And games we make up, like "tickle". Last night, while we were laying in bed telling stories, I incorporated a "poke" into the story. You know, the main character had a stick and poked the mysterious object. So I reached over and poked her in the rib. She giggled hysterically and said, "Don't poke me, Mommy!" Which of course, made me poke her more. Her laugh is an infectious as her baby brother's, so I began laughing hysterically as well (and we were both very tired!). Then we stopped so we could finish the story.

While I quickly summed up the mysterious object mystery, she reached over and gave me a poke in the arm. She said, "Poke." Why is this so funny? (I know, those of you reading are probably saying, "It's not.") But to me, it was hilarious. Even now, I am laughing about it. She is so funny. This morning, she asked to play the poke game again. "C'mon Mommy! Let's play POKE!" Everything is a game. Everything gets a laugh.

My husband posted this video on his blog, "cooking with kids". In case you missed it, check it out.

There is nothing like this sweet, sweet laughter. We are lucky enough to get to hear this every single day. If I could bottle it, I would be a millionaire.





3 comments:

Kelly said...

I, too, am loving this age. Love the video!

Kristin.... said...

Thanks for stopping by! It really does take a village!

Anonymous said...

Love the games and the laughter!

Cam just recently started really laughing when we tickle him! Priceless.