Monday, December 10, 2007

My thoughts

There are a few things I was reflecting on while I was out working on Saturday. I thought I'd share some thoughts with you....


1. Observed on a For Rent lighted sign posted in the front yard: FOR RENT ALL UTILITY'S PAID



One of my biggest pet peeves is when people make simple spelling errors (even though I make plenty myself). A bigger peeve is when people use apostrophes when things are just plural. Just plural, people! No ownership necessary!

2. Observed scratched into a bathroom stall door in Loogootee: WIPE YOUR ASS. Which begs the question, who exactly are the women that write on bathroom stall doors? I mean, I went through the impulsive-bad-decision making stage as a teen too, but seriously. Who does that? The funnier thing is when there are entire conversations written on walls. You know, somebody calls someone else a "ho" and then someone else writes something back to the first person even nastier. How much time do they have on their hands to stand around writing all this?


3. I love seeing all the Christmas lights and decor this time of year. Especially the outdoor versions. I could drive around for hours at night looking at all of it. Personally, I think all the blow-up stuff is tacky as tacky can be, but to each their own and all that (sorry if that is you). However, there is a house around the corner from me that puts out a lighted blow up PALM TREE every year. A palm tree? It irritates me. Seriously irritates me. I might go steal it . (If anyone can explain it, please enlighten me.)

4. There's nothing like letting your 2 year old daughter watch her favorite (and new obsession) cartoon Little Bear. She wanders around quoting lines from the cartoon, sings songs from it, and randomly calls things "Cubby." (Which is very cute) And then during an episode where LB finds his Grandfather's boxing gloves, he clocks his Grandfather in the jaw. Since my daughter saw that episode earlier this morning, she has hit me in the jaw with a closed fist at least three times. While angry. Yeah, that's always a good day. (Note: for all you On Demand people, it is the episode called "Attic")

2 comments:

Christina Schmidt said...

The palm tree just makes me laugh every year when I see it. It is like... it is supposed to be there (Why I cannot explain this...) and if it where not I would be worried like 'OMG did the person with the bad sense of humor leave or die?!'

Though I would be highly amused to see you in the middle of the night stealthy moving through the dark with the lighted palm tree under your arm!

Kelly said...

I'm game if you are! We're usually both up some time between 3and 4 anyways, why not have some fun!?!